Saturday, October 1, 2022

Windy, Powered, Dinner

We have made it through a not hurricane again with no damage or destruction here.  It was quite windy and there was a lot of rain with leaves and small branches coming down, but by the time things had gotten to our area, the storm was mostly just a bad storm.  

We also survived with the power intact.  Which was a good thing because my son wanted to make his father a special birthday dinner.   He and I went to the Asian market to get Oyster Sauce and Fish Sauce.   We got the remainder of the ingredients at the grocery store and then came home and prepped things for over two hours. 

My son wanted to make the first dinner he had ever cooked with his father: Thai Holy Basil Chicken.   The holy refers to a variant of basil used in the recipe, although we just used regular basil, that being what was available to buy.

We didn't eat dinner until nine o'clock, but everyone ate it all.  I'm glad we made a double recipe because we ate a lot!


The Big Boy Update:  My son was so excited to make a special dinner for his father.  He took a lot of pride in his birthday present.  His father loved it and loved having the night off from cooking. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came into the house yelling, "WHO LET OUT THE DOG?"  She had been out in the rain playing in the drain on the road in the dark.   I let the dog out to go to the bathroom, expecting her to come back after staying only in the yard but when she found out my daughter was outside she went to investigate, which meant she was in the road.  A car that drove down the short dead-end road stopped to tell her the dog was in the street.  My daughter was so embarrassed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment