Monday, October 10, 2022

Whirlwind and I'm Tired

There are some really nice people who do 3D printing that I met this weekend.   It was a busy, busy time.   As the day was drawing to a close, I still hadn't made it to a lot of the booths.   There was a blind man who sold magnets.  I love magnets, so I got a chance to talk to him and his wife. 

There were two people who develop math curriculum for visually impaired students as well as those who might have other challenges like ADHD that show math concepts like geometry, waveforms, and even integration and differentiation using tactile elements that can be 3D printed or even with LEGOs.   I was really excited to see their books and products, all available to be downloaded for free and used by teachers as needed.  This is due to some grant-type money that was set aside many, many years ago by the federal government.   There are so many things available to help visually impaired people I've never heard about.   This one I'm particularly excited about though, because it's math-specific.  And I love math. 

The best part was the people.   So many nice people.  Everyone was happy, even when we were all tired.  And boy, am I tired.   I'm going to sleep now, so I can get up early and go three miles to a level three (fastest) level Tesla charging station before heading home.   It's been nice, but I'll be glad to be home.  

The Children:  I miss them.  And my husband too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment