Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Exposed

My son has a member in his class that is positive for COVID-19 (or COVID-22 I suppose).  My son was within six feet of him for more than fifteen minutes yesterday so he has come home and been wearing a mask since leaving school.   

He had a negative test on Sunday because he'd vomited, and we just didn't want to take any chances even though he said it was from being tackled by his sister and then tickled.    We're going to test him tomorrow and see if he's positive.  If he is, then it's likely some or all of us have it as well.   My daughter and husband have already had it so that would leave only me, although they could get it again. 

The thing that impressed me was my son's awareness of six feet.   I was moving around the kitchen cleaning, and he was telling me about some videos he was watching on the history of different countries.   Any time I got near him, he immediately backed up.   He had a lot of practice keeping six feet apart for over a year at school while I stayed at home and didn't interact with many people. 

He's not that concerned, but he does want to do his part to not transfer it to anyone.   My father-in-law currently has COVID-19, but he's doing as well as can be expected.   He's not in the hospital, and he's feeling better I hear.  I hope that trend continues. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son loves video games and loves to watch all things video games and play video games.  But he also likes educational videos.  He can get stuck watching things like geography videos for hours.  Apparently Poland is is favorite country.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is nearing the end portion of Project Hail Mary.   Aside: if you're not listening to the audiobook, stop reading this and go get it.  It's that good.  We listened together in the car this morning, and she got scared a few times.  I had to tell her everything would be okay without telling her what happened so she could find out for herself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment