Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Project Hail Mary

I got my daughter hooked!   I finished listening to the audiobook Project Hail Mary and have been trying to get my daughter and/or son, as well as my husband, to listen to it since I finished it (the first time, I have listened to it twice now.)  Today, I hornswoggled her into listening to the beginning on the way to drop her off with my in-laws while my husband and I had a meeting with a builder.  

She is now totally hooked listening to this book that's really an adult book, although the content isn't inappropriate at all for younger audiences, it's just a lot of science and math.   The book is by the author who wrote The Martian.  I'd gotten a bit into the book and thought to myself, "this is reminiscent of The Martian in some ways."   There are parallels, although, in my opinion, Project Hail Mary is so much better.   

If you're looking for a book to listen to or to read, I can't recommend anything else above it.   I do like to read a book, but in this case, the voice acting is so good, and there are parts that are done so well that don't translate to actual words that the audiobook does an excellent job on.   I've seen books with a lot of reviews before but never one with almost 140,000 reviews with a rating over 4.9 out of five. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: I went upstairs tonight to find my daughter at one of my (many) favorite parts.   I lay down in the bed and heard her squeal, asking me if something was or wasn't going to happen.  I told Alexa to pause and told my daughter, "I know all the answers to your questions, I've listened to this book two times now.   But you have to learn the answers in good time with the story."   She sighed and started the book playing again. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is still very keen to play Fortnite Monopoly.  There were four games played here today and he would have played more had we not cut him off due to bedtime having already passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment