Saturday, October 8, 2022

Long Drive But So Worth It

I drove north today and should have arrived in six hours, including charging stops.  Unfortunately, there were a lot of accidents and or traffic, and it took me eight-and-a-half hours.   But I made it.  And then something happened.  

People know who I am.  Some of them, a lot of them, I recognize, but I don't remember their names.   And that bothers me.  Especially when they address me by name.  The bulk of the people this happened with were from a Friday night Maker call I've been participating in for the past few months.  There are upwards of fifty people who jump on this call, and a lot of them have been on this big Zoom meeting for over two years.   I am a newer arrival.  I'm one more person to get to know while I'm trying to remember them all and keep each of their lives, locations, and names straight.   Still, it bothers me when I don't know who people are. 

We had a huge forty person dinner at a Mexican restaurant and each of the people there was happy and glad to have made it to ERRF.  Tomorrow I will meet a lot more people.  It is a point of frustration to me that the badges have no names on them.   That's just not fair!  We'll see how I do tomorrow...

The Children at the Beach:  I talked to my husband several times today.  The children were very happy, doing beach things.  I miss being there, but I'm glad I'm here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment