Sunday, October 30, 2022

Torn Ligament?

Yesterday we went to the symphony.   When we came home, the dog wasn't putting her back, right leg down.   It persisted and today I called many, many places, trying to get someone to look at my dog to see if she had a dislocated patella.   It presented like that's what it was, and when we arrived at the seventh place I had tried, they thought that was the best guess too.  

Prior to running X-ray on her the doctor palpated her leg.   She looked up and said after a bit of time moving the dog's leg about, something that Matisse tolerated admirably, that she didn't think it was a dislocated patella.  That would have been her first guess and it still could be that, but she may have torn her cruciate ligament.   

There wasn't much to do on Sunday at this point other than pay the bill, take the NSAID/pain medication and take the dog home.   She seems to feel a little bit better, but not a lot.   I need to follow up with her veterinarian tomorrow to have her looked over more thoroughly. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son had no screens today—except for when he lied to my face about having no screens when I was almost certain he had one in his bed because he doesn't mid-day nap.   He needs to build trust back.   We're not getting through right now.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has a tactile pumpkin with a spider nose, golf balls for eyes, gourd halves for ears, spaghetti for hair, carrots for horns,  She is entering the contest for her age group for most creative pumpkin.   Hers is pretty good, I have to admit it's better than my pumpkins at her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment