Saturday, October 8, 2022

Nonstop

It was a crazy day.  It was a fun day. It was a tiring day.  It was a busy day.  My job was to put up some sort of content today on something at ERRF. The trouble was I couldn’t get to a spot to make any content. There was a bit at the beginning of the morning where I was in a group of people who didn’t know who I was and I got some filming done on my phone, but the rest of the time it was like being at a wedding where a good number of the people were the ones getting married. 

Hear me out; at a wedding, the busiest people are the bride and the groom.  Everyone wants to talk to them, everyone wants to say hello.  Now imagine a location where a lot of the people are like the bride or groom.  They're known by lots of people and everyone wants to say hello.  It's a constant interruption cycle. Just making it across the floor to the other side is challenging because there are people along the way who stop you to talk—sometimes waiting for you to finish the current conversation so they can talk to you.  

There were a lot of us like that, with each of us also wanting to talk to other people.   I have companies I need to talk to because I know them from the past several years, but just getting to each other is a challenge.  There is a lot of waving and saying we'll be back soon, or right back.  The best part was I had a home base at Protopasta.  They are so nice and I really love working with them. 

My husband called and I heard my children in the distance.  I am sure they're having a wonderful time.  I left the after party for exhibitors and sponsors and had to come back to the hotel.  There was low pressure in a tire so I inflated it and then charged at the closest of five tier three (fastest) charging stations within a ten mile radius.  It's right on the way back to the hotel, not three minutes away.  There are so many more charging stations these days in comparison to when we got our first Tesla.  

No comments:

Post a Comment