Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween + Okay (I think)

First off, Happy Halloween!  Our family loves Halloween.   The children were a Raven Witch (my daughter) and a Plague Doctor (my son).  I was a farm girl who was handing out inoculations (to the members of our community over twenty-one years of age.  

[assume country girl with southern accent affectation] Do you remember that mad cow disease from a while back?  Well, the cows got mad again.   So on my farm, we have been working to perfect an inoculation.  We did this in a cleanroom environment what with our gloves and masks on so as to keep everyone safe.  I told them they had to put some strawberry flavor in it because people just weren't going to drink any old inoculation.  I have two sizes available in case you think you need a larger dose. [end affectation]

The drink was a bottled strawberry margarita mix from the grocery store.  People like it.  I tasted it, and it was pretty good.  I used all the premade ones up and had to make more in the latter portion of the night.  I also had "some for the little children that are from that Motts Apple Farm down the street," which parents knew meant Motts apple juice.  Those went quickly.  I only made ten of those.

My husband pulled off the Halloween event for the neighborhood with some help, but he does the majority himself with running the competitions, getting the prizes, setting up the tables and tents with some help, and then tallying the results at the end of the night, which is what he's doing while I type this. 

My mother-in-law helped hand out the candy and my father-in-law helped walk around with my daughter. My son disappeared and was off with friends at record speeds.

The dog is walking on her leg again.  I don't know what happened, but if she doesn't have a torn ligament, I am hugely relieved. 

The Big Boy Update:  At the end of the night my son walked into the house and six or seven boys came in after him.   My alarm bells started going off and then I told myself to calm down, we are wanting to have children want to be at our house so we know what's going on in our children's lives.   If we expect that to happen in the future, we need to embrace it starting back up like it used to be pre-COVID-19

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to go around the neighborhood with Ashley.  I sent a message to Ashley's mother.  Ashley was in a competition with her brother to see who could collect the most candy.   That wasn't going to work with my daughter because speed is not your friend when you're blind.   I told Ashley's mother that we'd tell my daughter Ashley already had plans.   It's not fair to ask Ashley to change her plans.  It worked out though as my daughter and Ashley played a lot before trick-or-treating.

No comments:

Post a Comment