Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Caught!

I was tired and wanted a day off.   Today would be a good day to have off, I thought.   Life is busy, so a day off meant a bit of time after the morning call I was on that ended at one and before I had to leave at three fifteen to get my son.   But it counts as part of a day off, so I'll take it. 

My husband just messaged me saying was it okay for our son to be on his computer.  He has it set up to notify him when this happens.  I had talked to my son today about not messing up and getting on screens this week because he has a three-day weekend coming up and he gets his Switch for the duration if he stays on track. 

I knew he'd been upstairs doing things while I was working on some work on the iPad in our room.   Surely he hadn't gone downstairs sneakily to get on the computer.  Surely he would expect to be caught.  I waited fifteen minutes to see if it was possible and then I tried to sneak downstairs. 

Tried, but failed in that you can't walk on the floor of the main level without it being heard in the basement.   But I walked rather rapidly and came downstairs to find the computer apparently off.  The monitor wasn't on.   I say down at the computer here and was typing to my husband that our son wasn't on the computer when I heard "boo" from my son coming from the darkened print room behind me. 

He must have heard me, turned off the monitor, and hid in the print room.  Realizing he wasn't going to get away without being seen, he pretended he was doing something random down here.  When he realized he'd been caught, he stormed upstairs.   

Why does he do this?  He always gets caught.  

The Disney Daughter Update:  My daughter is in her Halloween costume at Disney tonight.   They have been at it all day.  I would be exhausted by now but I bet she had a glorious day with her father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment