Sunday, October 2, 2022

Only Trees

Ian had very little impact on us in comparison to many other people.   We had a tree splinter completely in half, falling over the driveway and tearing off the gutter, but it was at the property that is being torn down for the school's expansion so other than clearing out the main broken bits that are hazardous, there isn't much else that needs to be done.   Well, the grass (weeds) need to be cleaned up there as well. 

We did lose a good portion of my favorite tree in our yard.  We have a Chinese Fringe tree that has (had) a beautiful shape and flowered small, white flowers every year.   It must have been weakened because the whole middle section just fell over around dinner time last night.   We didn't hear it fall and didn't notice it until this morning. 

I'd call that fairly unscathed given that Ian was a strong hurricane over parts of the southeast. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son loved the dinner he and I made last night.  The one thing we didn't have time to do was to fry an egg and put it over the meal.  Today his father showed him how to fry eggs.  My son loves eggs and had to make several more after learning how. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter opened her electric skateboard she got for helping raise money for her school.  She gave a lot of her own money as well.   It's a nice skateboard.  After seeing her sitting on it and seeing how fast it went with her holding onto the bottom with her knuckles two inches from the ground at fast speeds, I had her put on some sturdy gloves I had that would protect her.  I like her knuckles as they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment