Friday, October 21, 2022

The Safe Rides

We went to the state fair today.  Uncle Bob, my husband and daughter went along while my son was in school.  The weather was perfect and the crowds were very minimal given that we went at the start of the day.  The thing my daughter most wanted to do was ride the rides. 

My husband is so thoughtful.  He thinks about how a ride will affect me, specifically with my neck.  He knows certain kinds of motions are very bad for me and will hurt and could even cause damage potentially.   He thought about all the rides at Disney and told me about the ones I could and couldn't go on when they got back. 

The fair rides were a little easier to tell because you can see the whole ride in action.  I also knew how most of them worked.   My daughter and I went on some rides together and she and I would rate them.  How smooth a ride's motion was gave it higher marks.   She and I like them fast and fun, but not jarring or bumpy or jerky motions. 

I love rides as much as she does I think, I just can't go on them all. 

The Big Boy Update: My son was very understanding that he had to go to school today while his sister was getting to go to the fair.  He is maturing in a lot of ways. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter heard this little barking, walking stuffed animal dog at the fair.  It was so loud there, but she heard them from far away every time.   I would have to look and look and finally I could see what she was hearing.  Her perception is very honed to sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment