Wednesday, October 12, 2022

So Embarrassing

I am so embarrassing.   Apparently.   I picked my son up from school today, and we were going to get his hair cut.   I was not allowed to talk when we walked into the hair place because that would be embarrassing.   When we got there, and he'd checked in, I was not allowed to talk to him about what we'd be doing later tonight (playing Fortnite Monopoly) because that wasn't cool anymore (cool may not be the proper word these days, but it's the one I'm going with.)

I whispered; that wasn't cool.   I looked around, and that was apparently okay.   I could sit still and look around without embarrassing my son in front of the two people there that were my age and cared not one whit what we were talking about and most certainly would not judge us if we played Fortnite Monopoly this evening.   

I remember this age when I was young.   Parents are so embarrassing.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  They spent something like fifteen hours at Disney Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.  They walked miles and miles.   They stayed until eleven at night with a late-night ticket so they could trick-or-treat.   Today they didn't get to the park until nine-thirty.   They are maximizing their time and not missing out on anything, it would seem. 

The Big Boy Update:  At midnight, my husband called me.  My son had gotten up, snuck to the basement, and was on his computer installing game ROMs.   My husband spoke to him through the Alexa from Florida, asking what he thought he was doing.   My son fled the room, and I found the computer on a few minutes later.   He will be in trouble later when he thinks he's going to get screen time.  I talked to him yesterday about not messing up before the weekend if he wanted screen time.      

No comments:

Post a Comment