Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Ladies Can Talk

I was a guest tonight on a podcast with a very nice lady I met who goes by the name of SithLordBrit.   She is not a Sith Lord from Star Wars in an evil or bad way, she is a good sith lord, who uses the light and dark sides of the Force in balance.   In theory of course, this is all from a movie and is fiction.  But it is good fun.   After all, I am someone who tells stories about spools of plastic being printed through little robots who print the plastic into various shapes. 

But we're tired now. It was a successful stream. I think there were a lot more people than usually come to her streams.  There was a gentleman whom I met at ERRF who has known of me since we started FIlament Stories.  He likes us and what we do with the vidoes and he seems to have a soft spot for me because I also work with one of his close friends on his model designs.   I can't explain it I suppose without making it seem inappropriate, which is is not.  
 
It is odd though that there are people who are well known in the community come to a show where I am and want to hear what I have to say.  I know I've said these kinds of things before.  I suppose it isn't any different than what anyone else has ever experienced.   It's the imposter syndrome.  The "This can't be me" feeling.  And I know I keep talking about it, but it's just oddly disconcerting.   You're a place and suddenly people you don't know are happy to see you.   That kind of odd.   It's nice that people are happy to see you, but was that what you expected?  Or wanted? 

And then you remember, "ah yes, I signed up for this and any other strangeness that might happen when I started putting my face, voice, and personality on the Internet."  So there you have it.  People so far have been very friendly and I haven't had any negativity to speak of, but that follows with how I present things for the most part.  I'm not contentious and I try to be as positive and inclusive whenever I can. 

A strange thing happened tonight.  A name I recognized was in the chat.  This was way off-topic from this person being in this particular stream on a platform other than the one I met him on.   He tried to get in contact with me several times on TikTok, which is difficult if you aren't also following the person back: they aren't allowed to send you a private message.  I friended him, one of the first accounts after starting Filament Stories.  He was going through gender reassignment surgery and had had multiple jaw surgeries. He had rather extensive scans of his skull and wanted to know if I could 3D print his skull.   I told him if he could get me printable files I'd be glad to. 

Since then, his videos pop up in my feed from time to time.  He has never done anything related to 3D printing, so when he was in the stream tonight I called out his name and told him I was still up for printing his skull if he could get it in a printable format.   And he remembered me and said he hadn't forgotten, but it had been challenging to get the scans formatted correctly.   What a wild thing to have to happen in a stream.  I do hope he gets me something I can print.  It would be really interesting to print someone's actual skull shape.  

The Children Wrastling:  My children are getting more and more physical lately.  They both like being rough with the each other some of the time.  The rest of the time only one wants to be bounced on or say on or whatever and things end in angry words.   But at least my daughter wants to play rough some of the time, which is better than her zero interest last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment