Thursday, June 16, 2022

YMCA

My daughter was very nervous about singing the National Anthem at the baseball game today.  I've never seen her like this before but she took a tums and lay down in the back of the car the entire ride there and then was fine the whole time at the game.   Once she was there with her choir mates it all was okay.  

They were lovely singing and then we went and she wanted dessert for dinner and I didn't mind getting her ice cream given that it was over ninety degrees.  Heck, I had some too, although I'd already had a hot dog.  

We watched the game with me explaining what was happening and Papa, Nana, her father and brother in the row above and diagonal from us because we couldn't easily get to them and there were open seats below on the next row. 

She wanted to get a souvenir and decided on a little wooden bat, which she got for the piñata she had waiting at home.  Then a lady came over and asked if she and her brother would like to help out with the YMCA song in a few minutes.   When my daughter said yes and then we said she was blind a look of worry came over the young girl but I said I had it covered and we went over and I showed her the YMCA moves which she immediately memorized even though she didn't really know the song. 

After the song, which went quite well with some other children helping too, she didn't know it but they were bringing the mascot over to meet her.  Mascots don't talk, so he took her hands and showed her his horns and ears and face.   Oh, and his huge shoes.  Then he hugged her and put his hands to his heart.   She was so happy.  

The game went into overtime and we left because because it was quite late.   My daughter took the opportunity to fall asleep in the floor of the back.   She was very tired. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was very sweet today but he was much too cool to do the YMCA.   I think he would have liked doing it, but he's hit that age. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is growing weary of me telling everyone how she's going to the Braille Challenge national finals.   But I think she likes it a little bit just the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment