Wednesday, June 15, 2022

No Phone?

My parents are elderly, although they are both quite healthy but I got a call tonight from my aunt saying my parent's phone number was saying out of service, and were they okay?   It was evening and their cell phones were off so I sent a text message, knowing that my mother checks it on her computer regularly. 

I know it's not rational to worry just because the phone isn't ringing through, but there is always the worry that something has happened.   My mother messaged back after they finished watching the news that one of the phones hadn't been set back on the cradle completely and all was well there. 

Text messaging is really so much more than the chit-chat time waster businesses thought it would be when it first came out.  It is used in so many ways these days in conjunction with pictures and sound bytes.   I can't imagine a world without it.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got in huge trouble today for having a beverage in the living room again.  I got very angry at him.   Instead of him being upset and angry at losing all television privileges, he was actually in a good mood and didn't even complain when he had to sit in the car and read while we had his parent/teacher conference. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter found out she was going to miss a popsicle party because they scheduled it at the same time as her hair appointment.   She wanted to miss something that took weeks to schedule for a popsicle—that she could have at home.   They may have a second party for those that can't make the first.   If not, we'll have a popsicle at home with her and enjoy them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment