Sunday, June 26, 2022

Win, Place, Show

My daughter looked absolutely beautiful in her floor-length gown for the awards ceremony at the Braille Challenge finals.  There was a fire drill and the ceremony went on, and on, and on and everyone thanked everyone and finally things were announced. 

My daughter didn’t win anything, but she knew the tests were much harder and the competition was significant.  She was a little disappointed, but I am hoping it will encourage her to do some things like read more this coming year so she will have more experience reading contractions and seeing how words are spelled.   I think she will make it to the finals again in the future, but I think she is going to have to work hard if she wants to win. 

We are very proud of her.  The accomplishment of making it to the finals is significant.  I hope she can keep that thought in her mind and not that she didn’t win overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment