Friday, June 10, 2022

The Teeny Tiny Piñata

My daughter wanted to buy a Piñata to take to her friend's house for a play date tomorrow.  A play date that unfortunately had to be canceled for her because she was coughing this morning, only for an hour, but I had to keep her out of school and give her another COVID-19 test.  She was so sad but she understood. 

Her three-pack of Piñatas came in today as well as the candy she ordered to fill them.  It was then that we realized the dimensions were correct but very misleading.   She could only fit a few pieces into the tiny almost hand-held-sized Piñata.  

But she filled it up and then with the help of her father she put it on a string, hung it over the bridge, and beat it up—and she got all of the candy this time.  No one beat her to it.  Children didn't swarm and get the candy frantically while she slowly felt around for a few pieces.  

This is why I let her get the Piñata and candy.   And it's why I've let her order a regular-sized one now that we understand more about how they're listed.   It was a little thing for some children but it meant a lot to her. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son played video games and watched YouTube gamer shows all day.  It was the first day of summer, why not?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  After beating up the first Piñata my daughter wanted to do the same with her second one.  I said let's wait for tomorrow while her father is competing in the club championship.   I guarantee you she won't let me forget that offer of help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment