Sunday, June 5, 2022

Relatively Calm

We went to a friend's fiftieth birthday party today.  It was at a shelter at a large lake with plenty of room to be nowhere near each other and yet in the same open space at the same time.   We saw friends we haven't seen in ages and got to be outside on a very nice day.  

My daughter wanted to bring the dog but I didn't want to because I was worried it was going to be too hot for her.   The weather stayed clement for June though and we brought her along.   And unlike the dog's usual highly fearful nature she accepted people's friendship to pet her and almost didn't shy away most of the time.  

Some things scared her like the Pops that you throw on the ground that are little pieces of balled up tissue with a tail that snap and explode.  But not so badly that she was shaking.  She wanted to follow any of us if we left to go anywhere, including my daughter.  She did her heeling very well and didn't stray while we all talked and hung out in the shade under the shelter.  

It was such a lovely time seeing our friends, especially to celebrate with Jen for her birthday.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter made a new friend today too in one of the party guests who had helped coordinate the event.  She was a teacher and knew all about special needs children.  My daughter absolutely loved her.  She said she would be glad to help out if we ever needed someone to take care of her or if we wanted to have a date night.   She was so sweet and my daughter adored her. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son came home from his five-day trip to Washington, D.C. today.   He let me hug him.  He had a good time but I think he was glad to be home.   I think he missed us too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment