Sunday, June 12, 2022

Not Feeding the Dog

Not having your dog around is an odd thing.   Wondering if you've fed the dog, going to look for the food bowl to see if it has already been put on the floor by one of the children or your husband only to find both bowls back in their starting spot for the day and you think did you not feed the dog breakfast?

And then as you're about to call for the dog you remember she's visiting, along with your children, Nana and Papa for the evening.   It's odd not having anyone around.   The house is quiet.  No television blaring at a volume my son absolutely doesn't need to have it at but one he inched up to as other things around him became louder so he increased the volume to match. 

And by blaring I don't mean super loud, I mean I can hear it from the next room loud.   I remotely connect to the television and inch it down over the next two or so minutes and as his ears adjust he never knows it's happened.  

I hope they're having a good time on Taco Saturday with Nana and Papa.  We're enjoying the quiet.

The Cultured Children:  Nana and papa took the children to a concert in the park tonight.  I believe it was a symphony production or at least it was something that the children likely wouldn't jump to go to if you invited them.  But my son absolutely loves classical music and my daughter loves music in general.  I'm interested to hear what they thought about it when we see them tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment