Saturday, June 4, 2022

Rather Unfortunate

There was a filament manufacturer that made a rainbow filament and then hid it inside a black spool on all sides so I bought it and unspooled it in a video to see what it looked like.  People were triggered by that video because they knew how hard it is to respool something without getting it tangled.  But it was worth it and the video got lots of views as well as the filament company got a lot of press from it (good, not bad) from the follow-on videos I made of the prints. 

The owner contacted me and said they appreciated the videos and after some time got back to say they had moved to transparent spools for their three transition filaments.   He has been wanting to send me more filament and we decided it was a good time so today, along with several other filaments, his new clear-spooled transition filaments arrived. 

I pulled them out of the box to find that they have a full coverage sticker covering both sides—covering up everything.  It was no different than the prior spools.  I sent him a video where I showed what had arrived and asked what to do.   I suggested that I could send these to JC, the friend I sent him to when he asked if we wanted to make videos for them.  

The partial good news is that JC sent me a video of the three spools he had and they had only one sticker and showed the filament as you would expect it to be shown.  So something happened in the manufacturing process and someone stuck stickers on both sides just as they did for the other, black spools.  The downside is that they can send more spools to me with only one sticker, but I don't feel it prudent to do a video until I know their existing stocks have been sold on Amazon and their main company page.  

It's a shame, but I suppose if they hadn't come to me, someone who was expecting to see something different, no one might have caught it.  I was going to be the person to announce the new see-through spools for them.   

Content creation can be hard. I can't imagine how challenging it would be to run a business with products to sell and manufacturing to make those products. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is so much happier today on the field trip.   He was given a leadership position, took his role responsibly, had two doses of Advil and his back wasn't hurting and as such he wasn't corrected at all and he didn't complain any.   Sometimes it only takes small changes.  The trick is what those changes are. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I are playing a game on the iPad together.  She and I are combining things to come up with new items with a total of over eight hundred combinations that go from elements to forces to all kinds of life including hardware, inventions, people, families, and more.  It's a lot of fun.   She sees nothing but she's still very much involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment