Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Test Taking Tips

Today my daughter and I talked more about test taking tips.  When you have three of the four answers that all indicate there's an error in on spot it's a higher chance that there is an error in that spot.   If you have one sentence that isn't listed in any of the answers as including an error, then you don't even need to bother reading that sentence.  

We went over things that would help her in a situation where she thought she had the answer but wasn't sure.   We talked about looking at the answer choices first in some cases to help her hone in on what areas she needed to pay the most attention to in the sentences above.  We talked about ways to save time while also being able to mark things for review later in case she wasn't sure. 

She is doing well.  She can spell so much better than I could at that age and can spell things now that I still struggle with because she knows rules and exceptions to rules.   She has decided she hates the English language for spelling because there are so many exceptions.  I told her I didn't blame her, it didn't make sense.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son pitched a fit about folding his laundry this morning and then did so without complaining further because I was holding every piece of digital he had hostage.  I changed the passcodes on everything and have them at one-minute lock intervals.   He did get some screens back today, but only one thing at a time, and when it locked, he had to do something else.   He spent a good bit of time outside with friends. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is very upset.   There were four children in the rather modest tree in our front yard and they broke some live branches.  My husband spent a lot of time trying to splint it back up in hopes of being able to save the branch.   It may not work, but he told her they were too big to be out on the small branches at this point.   She was upset they hurt the tree.  And that she wouldn't be able to climb it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment