Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Space Camp!

Do you remember when they started Space Camp?   It was the thing children got to go to that were very lucky when I was young.  I don't remember when the program started but it was at some point in my childhood.   There was a very limited number of spots and I don't know how difficult it was to pay for the travel and other things associated with the week of camp, but it was rumored to be the camp of a lifetime.  You would get to do the things the astronauts did to train.   

You would be there, right where the astronauts were.  You would get to do the same training things astronauts got to do.   It was as real as you could get.  Realer even, if realer is a word than anything you could ever hope to do other than actually becoming an astronaut. 

My husband found out there was a specific week at Space Camp for visually impaired students.  He's been watching it every day waiting for the signup to open for the specific week for VI children.  And today was the day.  He was almost surprised sounding when he told me like he couldn't believe it had finally happened.  And then he was a bit disappointed that it only was a simple form.  

But later in the day and he'd gotten confirmation back and we now have approval from her doctor that she can participate in all the activities including the high motion ones.  

I can't believe it.  I would love to go.  I would almost want to go back to being a child so I could get to go, but I'm very happy for her. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son chews on things.  He loves to chew on things he shouldn't.  Today we discovered he'd chewed off the covering on the cord to his headphones.   He got in trouble for that.  It is now covered with a lot of tape.   I'm debating on covering the whole thing on 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was so worried.  She couldn't decide who would get to go to take her to Space Camp.  She wanted each of us to go and didn't want to leave either of us out.  But then I said one of us could take her down and the other could bring her back.   She was happy about that because she wanted us to each see where Space Camp was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment