Friday, April 1, 2022

The Pressure to Post

So I am sorry folks about all the posts being about 3D printing and our crazy life of content media production.   That, and my children is really my life right now.   And since my children are a bit older and don't want to spend all day with me (I'm about to enter into the mom is the most uncool person on the planet Tween phase I fear) the rest of the time is all 3D printing.  

The thing is, I don't think I'm behind on things.  Well, I mean I know I'm behind on things.  There are so many more things I want to get done than I can actually get done.   Content production is a fickle thing,  You create some and nothing happens.  You create more and still nothing happens.  You feel like you're going to never have anything happen, but you keep producing content because things are happening slowly, ever so slowly, and you're committed.  I mean I love this, I wasn't stopping, even if no one watched our videos.  I love it that much. 

But then suddenly you've got people who think you're someone and you've got more followers/subscribers than other channels you know and have watched for years.  And that feels very strange.   Like, for instance, I checked our subscribers tonight and we're now over 53K.   And for some reason that bothers me.   We shouldn't have more subscribers than these other people I respect.   They should be bigger than we are.   I can't explain why it bothers me, but it does. 

I digressed, what happens is once things start happening, you have this thought that it must be something you just did, and maybe you need to do more of that, whatever that was, because you're never sure what triggers a video to get lots of views or people to follow you.  So I feel this need to be sure we keep doing what we're doing so that the momentum continues.    Even if the momentum we feel has nothing to do with what's happening outside of our basement. 

It's a crazy world, this content creation.   I will say though that it's not a real burden, wanting to keep doing the thing you were already wanting to do.  I just need to be better about time management.  Or maybe I mean printer management?  Livestream management?   Okay, off to bed for me so I can fight the 3D printers tomorrow.  Unless they're in a good mood and all the prints were successful.   Those are always nice mornings. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to make pumpkin muffins.  She got the list and today she got everything out and organized it by the order it came in her recipe.  This is important when three spices all have the same shape.  We got the measuring cups and spoons in order and she was ready to make the muffins.   They were delicious.  Her father helped.

The Big Boy Update:  My son found lots of mice in his father's desk drawer yesterday.   He got some tools and (with permission) took one apart to see what was inside it.  And then he put it back together.   His new mouse then arrived in the mail.  He loves computer mice and all the things he's been practicing with them that will improve his skills in game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment