Monday, April 4, 2022

Incoming

My parents are coming to town in two days.  We haven't seen them in quite some time and we're all excited about seeing Mimi and Gramps.  They're coming to do the very generous job of taking care of our dog while we're visiting the other two grandparents in Florida.  

Speaking of the dog, something very odd just happened.   Our dog isn't prone to vomiting, but as it goes with animals, sometimes they do vomit.   As I was working here at the computer I heard the telltale signs of a dog suddenly losing the entire contents of their stomach. 

I jumped up and turned the lights on (it was dark in here as it is quite late at night) to find the dog still asleep lying on her back with her legs in the air.   She had turned her head and vomited on the leather couch, I heaved a sigh of relief, because cleaning up vomit from carpet is not my idea of fun. 

The dog was still groggy and I think might have still been asleep.  I pulled her towards me and she started to wake up.   She walked over to the door, asking to go out and I left her outside while I cleaned up the vomit in the bathroom, having wiped it all into a hand towel. 

She seems fine and I have no idea what made her stomach upset.   Hopefully she feels fine in the morning.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Baby Talk Update:  My son talks in severe baby talk when he's in a mood.  I don't know what it is, because my daughter does it too.  There is something about wanting to be less in control or acting like they're younger and not accountable or something.  I am sure it is a well understood phenomenon but when they're doing it to you when they need to put their pajamas on or any number of other tasks they are far too old to need your help with, it can wear thin,   It's cute, I just worry it's a sign something isn't right in their psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment