Monday, April 11, 2022

The Easter Bunny Arriveth

Imagine my complete not surprise when my daughter ran in this morning at early o'clock to tell me the Easter Bunny had arrived.   She was reasonably patient but after enough of a time she and her brother could wait no longer and they dog piled their father, insisting he wake up.  I was already getting shoes on to head out into the kitchen. 

My daughter had done some looking for eggs earlier without moving any of them.  My son thought that was unfair, but I asked him if he knew where some eggs were because he could see them.  Yes, he admitted he could.  Did he move them or take them?  No?  Okay, so what is the difference in your sister using her hands as eyes to see the eggs provided she left them in place?   He grumbled, but couldn't find a counter argument. 

The egg hunt started and my son dashed off in a fit of unfairness and was running manically around to get the eggs.  His rationale was that they were going to split them evenly in the end.   We had to have him sit down for a bit to let his sister get close to equal the number of eggs.  

Then, for a good portion of the day, we didn't realize how much candy. they were eating until we checked on their baskets.   My son ate way too much of his basket so now both baskets are in our room up high on a armoire that neither can get to, even with a chair.  

How am I supposed to get up there for candy when things are so far away?

The Big Boy Tiny Girl 50% Rule:  Family friends were over today and some were meeting our children for the first time.  At the time, the children were playing well together in the pool.   When they asked how well they got along there were differing responses.  Numbers ranged from as low as forty percent to as high as sixty percent.  I'm averaging to at around fifty percent.   Hopefully the periods of harmony will increase as they get older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment