Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Taco Kid

To say that my son likes tacos would be an understatement. He ran down the hall yesterday and beckoned me out into the hall, saying there was a smell.   I thought he was wanting me to smell something bad, but no, he wanted me to come out and smell, "the best smell in the world" which was Taco Tuesday on Monday being prepared in the early afternoon by Nana in the kitchen. 

Dinner later that day consisted of all the ingredients for tacos set out in little dishes or bowls on the rotating center area of the breakfast room six-seat round table. My daughter is also a fan of Taco Night, but in her case, she loves to have bowls with the ingredients she prefers the most piled up to be eaten by a spoon. 

The children, along with the four adults, all ate heartily.  My son tried out the crunchy taco, the soft taco, and the soft taco bowl.   My daughter even had a tiny burrito (in a soft taco wrap, so very tiny).  I ate a lot of the options.   Tacos are delicious on Mondays. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl IT STINGS! emergency:  I launched out of the room where I was typing when I heard my children screaming in pain.   Their legs were on fire it appeared and I had no idea what was going on.   Apparently, they had had a shower after a long day in the pool and their red skin had had lotion applied—that stung terribly.   I ran out and we applied aloe vera to their legs, but that didn't help so to stave off the terrible pain, I put Neosporin with pain reducer in it on them.  I think it wasn't sunburn as much as it was some sun combined with them getting in and out of the pool and having the concrete rub against the back of their legs.   Or eczema.   I applied some steroid cream as well.  Hopefully tomorrow they'll be in better shape.  We have a day off from the pool tomorrow as we're going to see their aunt and uncle and will be in the car for a number of hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment