Saturday, April 23, 2022

Finally MRI

It took about six months to get an MRI approved by the insurance company.  You know how it goes, it's just one of those things.  I am sure I will get a large bill soon.   What we found out was helpful though and now we know more.   The thoracic and lumbar areas in my spine aren't perfect, but they're not like my neck. 

It's not good.   It will be surgery.   Maybe not now.  No, probably not now, but it's moving in that direction.  We may have found what was causing the pain I'm having in my trunk.  Or we may not have.    Everything in the neck is funneled to lower areas in the body, so it might be that, or it might not be that at all.  

What we do know is that I need to go see the orthopedic neurosurgeon and see what he says about it.  He's a conservative doctor so we'll probably do nothing and wait for it to get worse.   I don't know how long I have before something will need to be done.  I'm sort of not sure how to feel about things.   It's bad news.   It's scary.   I don't know,  I don't want to have surgery but if this gets much worse, I may totally want to have surgery. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son told his friends tonight while my husband and I were talking, "guys, I hope it will stop soon, sorry".  We're an embarrassment to him.   He's already preparing to be a teenager. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was absolutely overwrought, dissolving into a crying blob because a branch on the tree out front had died.   She has such a hard time letting go of things.  She doesn't want anything to change in that respect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment