Thursday, April 21, 2022

Utterly Happy

My daughter was so taken aback with the phone call she got today, telling her she was a qualifier for the Braille Challenge finals in June in Las Angeles at the Braille Institute.   She is one of fifty students, ten in her age/level that will be going from the US, Canada and the UK to compete.  Five winners will emerge. 

She is excited.  She wants to practice.   She said she would like to come in third.   She's not going for first, although I'm sure she's secretly hoping to make first place, but she's going and I told her I was completely and totally proud of the accomplishment she'd made so far.  If she didn't want to prepare, that was fine by me, but if she did want to practice beforehand, I was right there to help her along the way. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted me to print a LEGO helmet tonight.  He found the one he wanted  and thinks resin may be better, but I printed it in Empire Strikes Black filament.  He may want it in another color, but this one was good to start.   We can always print more. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter said she needed to get her mind on something else earlier today because the excitement was just too much.   She really is happy about making it to nationals.   It is truly a great accomplishment.   Her Brailist told me yesterday that I didn't appreciate how smart she was.   That in the thirty-four years she'd been working with children, she was the smartest she'd ever had.   

No comments:

Post a Comment