Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Being Someone

Today was an odd day.  I was just another person watching 3D printing videos and buying filament.  Then we embark on this Filament Stories endeavor and now things have changed.  I had an hour-long video call with one of the content creators I've been watching for years.  He wanted to get to know me so he could have me as a guest on his channel.   We had a good time getting to know each other and he gave me some ideas of things he'd been thinking of doing but thought it might make more sense for me to do. 

He also asked for my advice on the current climate of social media and content creation.   We're going to have a second call next week because there are some things we might work on together.  It was a very casual call with someone whom I never would have thought I would be collaborating with on anything, ever. 

Then, this evening at ten, I was given a special tour of a large Chinese filament manufacturer.  The owner had an interpreter available to help as he doesn't speak English.  That surprised me because he and I have been messaging back and forth since last year.   He responds quickly, perhaps he has an auto-translation feature but for all I could tell, he was fluent in English from the way he messaged me. 

This large company wants to know if we could collaborate.  This is a company I've worked with as they came into the US market and have helped them get a positive foothold with the videos we've done.   He is creative and doing things no one else is doing.  He is very generous with helping me and I try to be equally generous in helping them.   

It was an odd day.   I'm still not sure how to act sometimes, but since the best thing I know how to do is be me, that's what I do.  

The Flavor Gummy Story:  I got a bag of what I would call gourmet gummy bears today whilst getting some black-out material for our time-lapse rack since the prior material is too small.  There were twelve flavors and the colors didn't give away what they were.  I told them if they got the flavor correct, I would give them another.  And then I realized I didn't know what flavor was what, so we decided to figure it out.  This is what my son did to lay them out.   We all tried some and I tried not to think about little hands handling the gummies more than once.  We could only figure out eleven flavors.   We don't know if we missed one that was colored similarly or if we just didn't get any of that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment