Saturday, April 16, 2022

Pack Pack Pack

It's the day before we return home from what has been a very relaxing almost double vacation.  We went to stay with my in-laws, something we have done over the spring break week with the children for many years now.  We also got to visit my brother- and sister-in-law's new house on the opposite side of Florida, thereby visiting both the East and West coasts of Florida all in one trip. 

We didn't visit the beach at either location, but we were right there at the waterway when we were at Eric and Kelly's new house.   We saw the iguanas and orange tree and mango tree and huge palm trees.   And their pool, of course.  At my in-laws, we spent lots of time in their pool.   We were wet a lot during the trip and spent much time in the sun. 

Today was packing day and tomorrow we leave for the airport very early for an eight o'clock flight.  We should get home by two-thirty.   This is the point in the trip when I'm ready to be home.  

The Big Boy Update:  When we were at Eric and Kelly's house their dog, Daisy, decided to sleep with my son.   It was just adorable.   He was excited to have her stay with him.  She lay right up against him and he fell right to sleep.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I tapped my daughter on the bed to get her attention.  She hollered like she was mad.  I was packing her backpack and wanted to know if something went into her backpack or stayed at the house here.  I gently tapped her again and she suddenly without any warning kicked me hard in the face.   I have a migraine now from my neck being whipped back.  As soon as I finish this, I'm going to bed.  She said she thought I was her brother trying to bother her.  She said he only posters her more.   I don't think tapping someone gently should ever merit a kick that hard.   I don't understand their relationship sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment