Sunday, April 24, 2022

Strawberry Patch

I don't even know what to write at this hour it's so late so I'll make it quick.  I didn't feel great today.  Not ill, just not ready to do whatever it is I needed to do for the day.  There is an issue with my Apple credit card that is a long story involving many interactions with their help.  It's not an issue on my side, or rather our side now as it has implications with our family sharing and so my husband ended up talking with the upper-level support when I was done with my phone for a good while.  They are flummoxed as to what is happening and how it got into such a state.  They are escalating it even higher up to see if the developers can figure out what happened so it won't happen to other people.   

I can make changes and nothing is in jeopardy, things are just not as they are supposed to be and we're not sure what Apple did to get things in such a state.   By the time I was done handling that, I was just ready to quit for the day so I took a nap.  Little did I realize it was seven at night already.  I love how it's light later these days. 

Oh, wait, my brain is working now.   We did something fun today which is why I was so surprised it was as late as it was when I got off the call.  We went and picked strawberries.   We had a nice drive over until the children got into a ferocious argument over who didn't want to go where for lunch, ending up in us going nowhere (as a bluff) until they got their heads on straight again.  After lunch, we went to the strawberry patch which was just a few miles from our house and I never knew it was there until today. 

There were so many strawberries you could fill a basket in ten minutes.  My son was "allergic" to them so he said and hasn't liked eating them for several years now but seeing all those fresh berries made him change his mind.  He and I went up and down the aisles, looking for the largest available.  My daughter and husband went down a few other rows and in only a short while we had two full baskets. 

Everyone had a really nice time.  I brought a small stool, but I hardly needed it because it was more of a walk down the row and grab what you wanted and then keep moving.  Aside from the initial unpleasantness of finding something to eat, everyone had a very nice time. 

It reminded me of my Aunt Pat who would pick strawberries and then give them to us sometimes when we would get together to see her and my cousin Rebecca.   I don't know why I associate freshly picked strawberries with Aunt Pat, but I always have.   She would give us a lot, which made me think even as a child that she must love the process of picking the strawberries.  I remember as a child that it wasn't as fun as what we did today.  It was more moving along and slowly finding some that were ripe and a lot of scooting along on the ground.  Today, these were huge and all over the plants so there were a lot less to pick and the job went ever so much more quickly.   I miss Aunt Pat. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was touched by a bug in the bonus room yesterday.  He is suddenly completely afraid of bugs and wanted to eat inside at lunch today.  I wouldn't let him, saying if he let his brain win out with fear this time, then it would only get worse and worse and that I wanted him to beat his brain and not let it win.  By the end of lunch, he seemed back to normal and had completely forgotten about bugs when we got to the farm to pick strawberries. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was the one who wanted to pick strawberries in the first place.  She really had a good time.  I am not surprised in the least.  She ate a good bit more than I'm sure you're supposed to eat whilst picking them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment