Sunday, April 17, 2022

Already Behind

We had a long day of travel and getting back into things.  We got into our layover after a very early take off to hurry to the gate, grab food fast for the children, get on the plane, get ready to leave, oops, there is a hydraulic fuel leak so the plane is out of commission, get off the plane, grab a seat, get told immediately to go to another gate, get another seat, get called up and then board the plane and ultimately after running from one place to another, we got into town not that much later than we would have otherwise. 

We had our neighbor come over with the mail and his new dog, there were children in the yard and my daughter who said she really didn't want to do a full week's braille reading on her device because she'd put it off.  And her refreshable braille display was dead.   But we got it charged, I started to get one or two things done with interruptions throughout, my husband went to get groceries and at a certain point I couldn't take any more so I lay down and must have fallen asleep because I awoke with a start, afraid I'd missed my dentist appoint in the morning. 

We have dentist, eye doctor and one other appointment I've forgotten now tomorrow.  My parents are stopping by to say goodbye for the thirty minutes my daughter is home between school and going to choir.   We get in around seven at night and I still haven't gotten started on the work we're going to be behind on for Protopasta if the dentist appointment takes a good while tomorrow—and it might.  There is a chance I will lose the implant if things don't go well.   And that will be lots of fun. 

I owe my sister-in-law a call but I didn't have a period where I could go uninterrupted for a bit, but tomorrow hopefully there will be some time.  

We're back home, I can tell from the busy. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is now officially in screen detox.  Period.  I will have a conversation with my husband when I press post to make sure we're both in agreement. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's break is over and she's starting her last nine weeks as a fourth-grader.   She is almost tall enough to be a fifth grader already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment