Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Qualifier (Secret)

I got a call today but I missed it.  This is a secret because my daughter doesn't know it yet and it hasn't been announced until all the qualifiers have been contacted, but...

My daughter qualified for the National Braille Challenge.   She is one of fifty blind children going to LA to compete in the biggest braille competition for US and Canadian students. 

And I can't tell her, because the person who called today wants to let her know.   This is one of those secrets that are SO hard to keep.   I think she will call after school tomorrow and I'll hand the phone to my daughter.  I am having a hard time not saying anything, and I'm a pretty good secret keeper, but this is big!

The Big Boy Update:  My son and husband are going to create a huge medieval castle out of LEGO bricks.  But, my son said, they might have to order some custom pieces.  "Oooooo, let me print them!" I said.  Or I said something exciting like.   Nope.  Not interested.   The children are 3D Printing overloaded I think some days.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had a headache tonight.  Which she has sometimes.  I don't know if it was stress from the amount of homework she had or something else.   She did have lots of homework.  It wasn't eye pressure, that was in the perfect range today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment