Thursday, April 14, 2022

Happy Birthday Nana

Today was Nana's, my mother-in-law's, birthday.   I am going to stop right here and look at that first sentence because I don't know how to write that correctly.  Is the Nana possessive but the mother-in-law not possessive because it's a renaming of Nana?  Or are they both possessive as I have it written?   I have no idea.   I tried to reword the sentence, but I am tired and I didn't have another option that would circumvent both the possessive and renaming so I just picked what sounded the least incorrect and went with it. 

We slept in, or rather I slept in.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I get home and have to get up early after going to sleep early.   This going to sleep early and getting up late is the way to go, I've got to tell you.  It's nice.  I mean I would get bored being all rested after a while, but it's been a very nice week.  We have only a few more days before we return home to our very busy lives, school, activities, 3D printing, social media, etc.  

We had birthday cake my sister-in-law made last night and got to see some of our cousins, which was definitely nice.  We spent the night at Eric and Kelly's new home, which was absolutely beautiful.  I'd seen pictures of it but it's so hard to understand layouts before and after building updates.  Once we were there it all made sense.  

We drove back to my in-law's house after lunch and then went to Rocco's Tacos tonight for dinner, the only meal we'll eat out the whole time we're here.  No one minds being inside here because there is a pool and everyone is nice to spend time with.  

Happy birthday Nana, thanks for sharing your birthday with us. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I taught my daughter the Miss Mary Mack hand slap game two children play by sitting across each other and doing hand claps together and against each other.   I had to remember how to do it myself.  There are other ways to do hand games and I'm going to try and remember them.  She picked it up quickly.  

The Big Boy Update:  The way to get my son to talk to you is to ask him about the game(s) he's currently playing.  Once he gets going you have to cut him off.   He told me about the council he was in with his three friends in Minecraft.   If I could remember what it was called, I would tell you.  It's something involving the word, "sussibach' which means suspicious I believe or is a morph of that word.

No comments:

Post a Comment