Saturday, July 23, 2022

Yellow Jacket

I missed how this actually happened but I heard yelling and crying and screaming for me to come quickly. My daughter was on the floor holding her foot.    Somehow a yellow jacket was stepped on or was made very cranky because my daughter got stung between the fourth and fifth toes.   

She said she couldn't walk but we got her to limp upstairs so we could get a better look and put some sting stop medication on it.  My husband had moved quickly at the start and pulled out the stinger still in her skin. 

She wailed for a long time and complained because it was hurting in more areas now.   I told her I'd read about it to her if she'd like.   She didn't want to hear about the actual stinging process, but the rest she said would be okay.  

It looked like we'd done the best we could for the symptoms except for an ice pack.   She must have been feeling better at this point because pizza had arrived and she said she was hungry.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I told my daughter there was something good about getting stung.   I said some people are allergic to bee stings and it can be life threatening (I said it a little less alarming to her).   Now that we know how her body reacts, we can feel much more confident that she'll never be in jeopardy for her life should she get stung again. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son, on the other hand, has a peanut allergy.   We don't know if he has a bee allergy.  The peanut allergy is mild.  I hope if and when he does get stung it just hurts like hell for a few hours and then you're fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment