Thursday, July 7, 2022

Pancakes But Not For Dinner

I woke up to pancakes by my daughter, or rather from my daughter this morning.   She was very happy to bring me two pancakes on a plate.  But not to be outdone by her father, she wanted to finish up the remaining pancake mix for a late lunch and wanted to make them herself.  Have I mentioned there is no stopping my daughter?  It's true, there is no stopping her.   So I got a third pancake in the afternoon. 

Then we decided to go out to dinner as a family.  Imagine that?  It's hard for me to imagine it because it's been so long since we regularly or even irregularly did such a thing.   But we had a very nice dinner together playing a game my daughter made up where we spelled words in rotation letter by letter without knowing what words the people were thinking of.  

Points were awarded following some complex points system that we never completely worked out but we had fun.   And that was all that mattered. 

The Before Dinner Child Drama:  The children were *not* being nice to each other before dinner and I got very angry at them as we were getting to the restaurant.  For some reason when I get really firm with them sometimes they snap into shape and this time that's what it took.  They were really nice to be around for the entire meal and even afterward when we got home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment