Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Almost Home

Tonight we went to "Aunt Jo's" house for dinner.  This is what I would consider my other or alternate mother as we spent so much time with their family during my childhood.   To my children, JoAnn is Aunt Jo.  

The meal was delicious, and the company was lovely.  My children didn't enjoy all the reminiscing quite as much as the adults did, but I was a child once, and I understand.  Still, we all had a good time. 

Of note, the beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the late afternoon into evening light on the deck was a sight I remember from many trips over the years when we stayed at their house as a family before my parents bought a house in the same town.  I loved all the time we spent there and have fond memories any time we visit. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I am always sad when we talk about a beautiful view, and my daughter just sits there, knowing she will never see it.   She never says a thing or mentions it afterward. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was sweet and jumped to hug Aunt Jo when we arrived and as we were leaving.   She is absolutely an aunt to him, even though he's not actually related. 

No comments:

Post a Comment