Friday, July 15, 2022

So Long, But Not Goodbye

Tonight we had a farewell dinner with our close friends and honorary family members, Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Margaret.  They are moving to Denver, a location that sparked much discussion with my children, who know much more about geography than I did at their age.   

It would be very, very sad indeed if we thought we would never see them again, but they have family here, and they will be coming back for holidays.   We may also be out in their area in January, and we all decided it would be great to go visit them when we were there. 

I know they're leaving, but I can't mentally think of them as gone.  It's one of those things where you're very happy they're starting a new chapter in their lives, but you don't want this one to be closed because change is hard.   

So in my mind, they will be both still here and out there, and we will all look forward to seeing them soon.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Dinner Dates:  My children were fairly well-behaved at dinner tonight.  They both wanted to talk to Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Margaret, but they understood that we wanted to talk to them too.   They were patient and didn't bicker.   I was proud of them.   They gave Margaret and Jonathan big hugs.  I know they'll miss them.  They've been in their lives for many years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment