Saturday, July 30, 2022

First Day of Starbucks

Today was the first day of Starbucks.   I mean school. I meant school, of course.  Just because I stop on the way to school for delicious coffee and pumpkin bread on the way to school doesn't mean I'm any less eager to jump out of bed, get dressed (not always), and take my daughter to the next city over for her school day. 

Okay, truthfully, sometimes I lie in bed between the snooze alarm repeats and  think, "if you get up, there will be Starbucks..."  

The Big Boy Update:  My son spent the day doing screens as no one was around to play with.   He didn't turn the bonus room into a war zone, and he didn't eat in the living room.   I'm calling it a win for the day. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter calmly started fifth grade today.  No fuss, no excitement.  She came home and said it was a good day and she liked her teacher.  I'm so glad things went well for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment