Saturday, July 16, 2022

COVID Strikes

Today we had a surprise that no one wanted to happen.   We have all been healthy from a COVID-19 perspective.  My husband came down with it in January, and the rest of us didn't get it thanks to some diligent mask wearing in the house for ten days.   

We have been leading a relatively normal life, although we haven't gone out and done as much as we would have done in normal times.  Food ordering in, drive-through, home cooking, visiting with relatives who were in town, playing with children outside and in some cases inside.   We've gone out to dinner with friends as well and we don't know of anyone near us or in contact with us that had COVID-19 or was actively recovering from COVID-19.

Today was a normal day with my daughter playing with the hose outside with two neighbor children.  She came in around two and was chilled, presumably because she had a wet bathing suit on and was in the air-conditioned house. 

Then she wanted to take a bath and was just feeling badly.   She also had a headache.   I thought maybe we should give her a COVID-19 test just to be safe and it came up positive.   She was confused.   We were perplexed.  She spent the rest of the day in her room with a fever, feeling awful. 

My husband, son, and I took COVID-19 tests and we're all negative.  So far that is.   So we don't know what to do other than quarantine and take care of my daughter.  We have some travel schedule in about two weeks so hopefully everything will be fine but for now we're in a holding pattern until we know more. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was completely nonplussed about his sister testing positive.  He said, "okay" and went back to looking at a screen.   He's been through this again and again at school with protective measures so it's just what happens next from his perspective.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I want to hug my daughter and take care of her but I'm trying to do the best I can while keeping a reasonable distance.   She's wearing a mask any time anyone is in proximity to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment