Tuesday, July 5, 2022

No Pancakes!

My daughter came in to talk to me this morning, asking if I knew where her father was.  Why?  Because she wanted pancakes.   Then she asked what time it was and it was twelve-thirty.   In the afternoon!  We have gotten into our summer time shift without even realizing it. 

It's interesting having pre-teen children.   They do want to do things with you but they're getting close to the age where they don't want anything to do with you.   The free time where you don't have to do everything for them is nice, but it's also a bit sad that they're not your little babies anymore. 

The Summer Mountains Vacation:  We absolutely need to schedule the date when we're going to visit my parents.  We decided together it would be easier if we all went up in one trip instead of a trip for each child individually.   My daughter's summer break is short so we need to get on it.  The children are fine all going up together.  They know they'll have time with Mimi and Gramps while we're all there.   And my husband and I can manage things if they start to bicker.   Although that never, ever happens here.  Never.   Okay, you all know the truth though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment