Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Locking and Unlocking

My daughter has a cough, but other than that, you would never know she has COVID-19.   She always wears her mask when she's around us, keeping us safe.  But she has so much energy.   She was, as my mother would say, "bouncing off the walls" today.   

She was quite literally bouncing off the walls, doing something I don't like when she and her brother decide to pursue this line of entertainment.  They bring an office chair down to the main floor and push each other around.   They are well aware of the penalty for running into a wall or cabinet and keep their arms and legs out, ready to take the brunt of any impact.   It's a noisy activity, but they love it, and I'm trying to be okay with it, letting children be children (with caution).

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The other thing my daughter wanted to do today was learn how to lock and unlock the various doors of the house.   I have a key to our house, but I would have to find it in the depths of my purse.  We have automatic or keypad entry access for all the locations we come in and out, and as such, I've only ever used a key to unlock our house a handful of times in the over eleven years we've lived here.  My daughter now better understands how keys work in locks and how deadbolts and knob locks work differently and independently.

The Big Boy Laundry Avoider:  My son hates doing his laundry.  Hates it.  He was still working on it at eleven o'clock tonight, continuing to avoid the inevitable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment