Friday, July 22, 2022

Last Minute Guest

I got in bed last night and did what I typically do at the end of the day: I looked at more social media and emails.  It never ends.  I found out I had a message on Twitter, a platform I check the least, asking if I was available to be the guest on the Repkord YouTube channel today at noon to talk about 3D printing as a business and managing your space. 

I was available, although it was a trick to coordinate the day as my husband was going out of town very early for a golf tournament with his mother.   I had to get up fairly early to drop the dog off at the veterinarian for her annual appointment.  When I got back I tried to get a little more rest as I hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep.   Then I had to get up to prepare for the podcast by moving my computer, microphone and some other peripherals into the print room in time for the early start to talk with the two hosts of the show. 

We had a very nice conversation beforehand, the podcast was a lot of fun, and the attendees asked good questions.  After we finished the podcast proper, we talked for an additional bit of time on other topics.  I always enjoy these social networking opportunities.   We're all going through similar things with 3D printing as a business.  The two of them have products they sell, while we only offer services through sponsorships, there is a lot of overlap, and the subject matter is the same from a high level. 

I finished the call and returned to the veterinarian's office to pick up the dog.   I feel like I haven't accomplished a single thing today, even though I've been up since six-thirty.  

The Very Quiet Children:  I love my children.  They were so sweet today, understanding that I had a podcast to be on.  They didn't come into the print room while I was engaged for over two hours.   When I was done, I helped my daughter make a sandwich, although she mostly made it herself.  She just needed to know which was the cheese she was looking for and which mustard was yellow, so she didn't get the brown mustard by accident.   My son wanted me to pick something up for him, which I did on the way home from getting the dog.   They were so helpful today.  I'm proud of them for managing by themselves while I was out and giving me the time to be a guest on the Repkord YouTube podcast today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment