Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The Small Company Conversation

I had a friend with a question.   It was a 3D printing question and I had an answer.   The answer was correct, only there was another answer that was apparently correct too.   A second correct answer?   It turned out he was correct and that the company had put out conflicting information about this 3D printing thing.  

I thought I could help this friend so I started making some test prints to confirm one way or another.   While that was ongoing, I thought maybe contacting the company would also be a good idea.   I was having one of those twelve things are happening at the same time days, but I didn't expect a response in the chat straight away.   Only I got one. 

I found out the answer to the question and why there were two answers to the question and it turned out no one had asked the question before so they hadn't realized their documentation might be confusing.   In the middle of this, I talked to the person about the YouTube channel I had, which featured their filament in one of the episodes, and over the course of the next bit, we got to know each other. 

He told me he was Nathan and he and his wife had started the small company and were pleased it had met with so much recent success.   We talked about some technical things and other things related to 3D printing and children.   It was just a lovely conversation.   

It's an interesting time.   Starting your own business is easier in a way because of the World Wide Web and Internet.   I've connected with a collection of small business owners over the past few years whose products or web presence makes them seem far larger.   You stand a chance of failing and the business not making it, but it's much easier to give it a try nowadays than it was in the recent past.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son was yelling, and I mean yelling at his friends online.   We make him use headphones, but I think we're going to have to get a sound governor for him.   He doesn't have it that loud, it's not that at all.   It's the noise-canceling headphones that make him not able to hear himself talking so he talks even louder.   He also wants to be heard by his friends, who are also talking loud.   It becomes a loud competition.   And it hurts my ears. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has to return library books by Monday, the last day of school.   The race is on to get her books read in time.   And we are almost out of time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment