Friday, June 25, 2021

Rachet & Clank

A long time ago in a galaxy far before I had children, my then not-husband and I enjoyed playing a series of video games called Ratchet & Clank.  Clank was a little robot that rode around as a backpack-type attachment to Ratchet, who was the last of his kind creature with huge, fuzzy ears and an endearing personality. 

The games were all about gratuitously large guns that did sometimes silly things in a world that was cartoonish and campy.  The story was cute and the gameplay was almost Looney Toonish in feel.   The games were just fun and both my husband and I enjoyed them from start to finish. 

It has been many, many years, but a new game has come out in the series.   Tonight, my husband started playing after trying to get my son interested for a few weeks.   My son has been shouting out what to do next, giving advice, and asking questions.   We've been telling him how the game is like the historical games.  

Tomorrow I bet he'll want to start his own game.   I enjoyed being part of the conversation, helping my son understand that games have been cool in the past and both his father and I were game players with skills.    He is currently annoyed we sent him to bed, even though it's almost midnight.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Laundry Update:  The children aren't happy about this.  The next iteration of laundry duty is upon them.   They must now bring their laundry down, start their own loads and run them through to the end result of folded and hung laundry being put away.  My daughter threw a fit tonight saying it wasn't fair she had to do her laundry.   I told her fine, no allowance.  And I wasn't going to do her laundry for her.   She huffed off.  I wonder if she'll do her laundry tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment