Monday, June 21, 2021

6000

There's a video we posted with our new Filament Stories endeavor that has 6000 views.   I don't really know what to think about this.   It's odd.   It's strange.   My little blog here gets about five hundred views or so every six months.   Or so I imagine it does.   I don't really know, but I've never advertised it, only telling friends and family about it as the topic came up. 

This is and has always been my diary that anyone can see.   I don't think most people would want to read my diary as it's not that exciting, so I just plod along, writing this for me and for my future children as well anyone who wants to check in and see what's been going on in our family of late.   Six thousand views is so way beyond that I don't even know what to think. I don't know six thousand people.

It's been confusing, figuring out all the platforms and formats.   Some are vertical with one ratio while another is at a different vertical ratio.   One is more squarish.  There are reels and shorts and regular videos.   Pictures are a good thing, but videos are more interesting.   Some videos take off while others only get a few hundred hits. 

It's a hashtag game and one of interest, where people who are interested can share, comment or like and the post gets put higher up in the algorithms for suggesting to other people.   The good news is since we don't know what we're doing, any success is a great thing.     

I just want to make fun videos; I don't think I even care that much about how much people watch them.   It gives me the same, uncomfortable feeling, knowing people are listening to me talk just like the podcast did and this blog does for my written words.   But I decided to do it, so I suppose I'd better see if I can do a good job. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Shane Visit:  Shane is in town but is leaving for the summer to do something in Hawaii.   I missed finding out what it will be, but today she came over and took the children to the pool for a few hours.   They've missed her a lot.   I warned her that now with all the vaccinations we've had, to be prepared for a hug.   She'll be back in a few months.   I can't imagine she won't have a wonderful time in Hawaii.   The children remember going and hope the same thing for her on her trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment