Friday, June 18, 2021

The Magnet Board

This is the magnet board my daughter has been making up games on.  When I went to her room today I found this:  



I asked her about it and she said, "I spelled my name out in print."  And she had.   Some of the magnets had dropped out by the time I found it but not only did she spell her name in print, but she also spelled it in braille to the right.   

We decided to get the VI room one of their own to use for the other students.   If my resourceful daughter could come up with games to play with it, I would bet some of the other VI students will have ideas of things to do with it as well. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been talking about being embarrassed lately.   Today, I had my chance to also be embarrassed, something I told him rarely happened to adults.   I was looking at videos and fell asleep today right after lunch as I watched.   I had an alarm set at 1:20 so I could get him in time when camp ended at 2:00.  I woke up at 4:00 and had to pick up my daughter from a birthday party that ended at four.  I called and told them I was on the way, apologizing and insisting on paying them for the extra time they had to stay there.   They were exceptionally nice about it, but I wasn't.   The alarm was correctly set.  It had gone off the day before.   I still don't know what happened.   Forty-five minutes before it went off I was awake.   I must have been really tired. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got to skip school today to go to a birthday party.   She has excellent attendance and the second-to-last day of school had very little happening.   She was so happy she could go to the party.   It was a five-hour party, unheard of for children, but the mother was so nice and had all sorts of activities.   She sent me this about my daughter tonight.  Louie is her son who was the only boy at the all-girl party:

I was just talking about Reese and how mature she is for her age! Louie was teasing the girls so they were going back and forth- I reminded the girls to be nice to Louie…they didn’t want to…but Reese stepped up and said I want you to invite Louie to the table to be with us! 🥰I called Louie over and the girls apologized to him and told him how much they appreciated him playing at the pool! 🥰 it was definitely a learning moment for everyone! Reese was amazing! 🥰

 

No comments:

Post a Comment