Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day Work

My husband should be relaxing today, but he's him and instead, he's been working on the next video we're releasing for Filament Stories.   We have a tenant whose air conditioning is not working and given how it's hot and we're in the south, it's not something that can just be left to sit, so he's over checking it now and is calling the HVAC company we work with in case it's something that needs attention beyond what we or the tenants can suss out on our own.  

The children got some presents for their father, which I think he liked.   They also got him a card each that reflected what they each thought about him as a dad.   I got a card for my father as well, although since I found it yesterday, I wasn't able to get it to him in time so I emailed him pictures of the front and inside.   My daughter wanted to read it to him over the phone, which meant memorizing what it said first so she could tell him.   It's always nice to talk to Gramps.   We miss him and Mimi and hope we can see them some over the summer since the COVID-19 vaccinations have helped reduce the dangers from the pandemic. 

We're going to have dinner with my in-laws and wish Papa a happy Father's Day too.   It is a grand thing to have grandfathers to wish this message to for both the children and for us as parents. 

The Big Boy Update:  My husband and I aren't thrilled with the language my son is using when he plays games online with his friends.   It is less than complimentary.   My son has pleaded his case, though, saying it is all in fun and while it seems negative, it's just competitive talk and not insults, like it might sound from what we can hear on his end alone.   He said we wouldn't understand because we were old and he was GenZ.   Interesting.   We have decided to let him play a game or two with the sound completely on to see if his assertions are true.   We know the other children he's playing with as they're all within a few houses of us, so we'll be able to see if the comments really are in good fun.   We had a conversation with him about how being positive was always better but we also understand he wants to fit in.   We're trying to find a balance ourselves. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   We've asked the children to put their dishes in the dishwasher when they're done eating.   What we didn't realize was my daughter didn't know how things went in.   When I commented that cups with in the top, she was surprised.   So we waited until the dishes were clean and let her feel all through the dishwasher.   Now she knows what to do.   How we missed this, I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment