Sunday, June 27, 2021

Late and Wow, Yeah Late

Dear me, I had a nap that turned into much longer than a nap.   I've been working with my husband to get out the next "Story" with Filament Stories.   All has been going rather swimmingly considering we don't know what we're doing and are learning as we go.  

That's not entirely true, we know a lot about a good portion of the facets of this whole endeavor.  It just feels like we know very little because the portions we don't know much about seem to be important.   But we're learning, and we're doing it together, and that's been fun.   

The best part is when I'm recording and can't for the life of me get the words to come out the way I want them to.   We have some rather silly gag reel things we might someday release.   I'm trying to embrace the silly, because it's me in a way, and that sounds so much better than stilted, formalized words.   The feedback we're getting interestingly has a large portion related to the funny things I say or do that weren't my intention in the first place.   From that standpoint, it's been nice encouragement to leave all those accidental parts in.  

Not that we have that much content yet.   It's a surprisingly large amount of work to get a single minute of video released.  I think we all know realistically it has to be a lot of work to get audio, all the video shots, the timelapse videos, other video pieces, color correction, noise reduction, music, sound syncing, uploading, tagging, uploading and tagging four more times to the other platforms, commenting, liking other's comments, responding to other's comments, etc., etc.    

And that's just the video creation side of things.  There is all the printing side, which is a whole other big side.   Thank goodness it's all fun, or it might seem like work.   

But it's late, and I'm super tired, and I'm only going to write one sentence saying that and then press publish.   Only I seem to have written more.   

The Big Boy Update:  Taking three stuffed animals upstairs and getting his shoes to walk out the door to go to Nana and Papa's house for an overnight visit was just too hard.   How dare we, as parents, expect him to do those things?  He pitched such a fit over it.   My husband said, "This is easy.  This is the easiest thing to do, but you want to make it harder by fighting, taking time, getting everyone upset, and in the end you're still going to have to do them.   Why do you do this?"   My son was too angry to answer the question. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wants to make cookies.   She asked me to look online for some recipies.   I told her I had a recipe book with 1001 cookie recipes in it.  She was excited but then when I showed it to her she said, "but it's not in braille."   It was so sad, her little voice.  I said I knew it wasn't but the recipes on the web weren't either, so let's find something together and then I'd print it out for her in braille.   There is a world of information out there she can't yet get to.   When she learns to use some of the device technology out there it will open up her world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment