Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Fifth Grade Math

My son has had a thing with, "what is two plus two" and how it equates to supreme intelligence as in, "you don't even know what two plus two is?!"  Today he told us how teachers make up numbers and how counting goes.   He said, "they just make up stuff.  There's no rhyme or reason for it."   

He had new information on addition this time, though.   He explained how one plus one equaled sixty-nine and that, more importantly, two plus two was actually seventy-three and not four, like most people thought. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is currently trying to get out of bed by talking to his father about the video game my husband is trying to relax playing at the end of the night.  It's close to eleven o'clock, but my son has him naming different alien creatures on the screen.   And my son has dodged the, "go to bed now, buddy" line at least four times now by distracting him with more questions."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got caught in a lie today and wanted me to get her out of it.   Her brother came into her room and she stopped the audiobook because she didn't want him to know about the new book she was listening to.   He asked and she said it was another book and then he wanted to listen to it with her.   She came down asking how she could get him out of her room.   I told her sometimes when we tell lies, and I could understand her hesitation in letting her know about the new book for various reasons, but that we had to deal with the consequences.   I said she would have to get him out of her room on her own.   

No comments:

Post a Comment